What is Restylane?
Restylane is a brand of dermal fillers created by Q-Med. This brand is renowned for its patented non-animal stabilised hyaluronic acid (NASHA), which is capable of resisting premature degradation. There 3 main collections in the Restylane family, as well as several individual fillers.
- Skinboosters: The fillers in this line of products are made of homogeneous NASHA gel. The 3 variations of Skinboosters are Vital Light, Vital, and Lip Refresh.
- Lyps: Also made with NASHA, this lip augmenting implant is created specifically for creating well-defined and voluptuous lips.
- Restylane: This range of soft tissue implants is composed of NASHA with a medium particle size.
- Lyft: This filler is composed of NASHA with a large particle size.
- SubQ: This aesthetic implant is made of NASHA with the largest particle size.
- Emervel: This dermal filler collection is processed using Optimal Balance Technology for a softer gel texture.
Most of the fillers above are also available with a quick-acting anaesthetic, lidocaine, for greater comfort during procedure.
What is this dermal filler used for?
The fillers are used to treat a wide range of skin imperfections—from effortlessly rejuvenating dehydrated skin to restoring volume in sunken areas.
How to inject it?
Dermal filler injections are considered medical procedure and must be conducted aseptically by certified medical practitioners. Injection techniques vary according to skin conditions and type of fillers used:
- Skinboosters: The fillers in this collection may be injected into the mid to deep dermis or the lip mucosa or vermilion border. Refer to the product’s respective leaflet for injection instructions.
- Lyps: Inject into submucosal layer.
- Restylane: Inject into mid-dermis layer.
- Lyft: Inject into deep dermis layer.
- SubQ: Inject into subcutaneous or supraperiostal layer.
- Emervel: The fillers in this collection should be injected into specific layers of the face and/or lips. Refer to the product’s respective information leaflet for the appropriate injection technique.
Restylane side effects
Common side effects:
- Pain and tenderness
- Redness and discolouration
Severe side effects:
- Granulomas (inflamed lumps)
- Necrosis (tissue death)
Urge your patients to seek medical attention if these side effects do not resolve within a week.