SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Aug 13, 2018
What causes Marionette Lines?
Marionette lines are the grooves that form from the corners of the mouth down to the jawline. There are many reasons why these lines appear, and many patients find that they add many years to the face. Marionette lines, which are also called oral commissure lines, appear as the depressor anguli oris muscle (DAO muscle) starts to pull down the corners of the mouth. The appearance of these lines is further exaggerated by the degradation of collagen within the skin, which happens as a natural side effect of aging. With less collagen in the skin, elasticity and facial volume also decrease, making marionette lines more apparent. Dermal fillers are a safe and effective treatment for many facial lines and wrinkles, and many patients ask if it’s best to use Restylane or Juvederm for marionette lines.
Restylane or Juvederm for Marionette Lines?
There are many similarities between Restylane and Juvederm. They are both non-surgical, minimally invasive hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers. Hyaluronic acid makes for a great dermal filler for marionette lines because it’s able to plump up the skin and fill in the lines and folds from the inside. However, there are some differences to note when it comes to choosing Restylane or Juvederm for marionette lines.
The biggest difference between Restylane and Juvederm is that Restylane has a slightly firmer consistency, while Juvederm is more highly cross-linked, which gives it a smoother consistency and can sometimes lead to it lasting longer. Juvederm products are typically the better option for moderate lines, while Restylane is typically a better option for mild marionette lines.
Ultimately, the decision to use Restylane or Juvederm for marionette lines will depend on the needs of the patient and the severity of the lines. It is best to decide which filler is best on a case-by-case basis.
Read more about Juvederm
- RADIESSE VS JUVEDERM FOR LIPS: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
- HOW LONG DOES JUVEDERM LAST?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BELOTERO BALANCE VS JUVEDERM?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RESTYLANE LYFT VS JUVEDERM VOLUMA?
- WHAT IS JUVEDERM DERMAL FILLER USED FOR?: TYPES & SIDE EFFECTS
- WHAT IS JUVEDERM ULTRA 4 USED FOR & WHAT ARE ITS SIDE EFFECTS?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SCULPTRA VS JUVEDERM VOLUMA?
- LANE OR JUVEDERM FILLER: WHICH IS BETTER FOR MARIONETTE LINES?
- WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BELOTERO DERMAL FILLER VS JUVEDERM?