What is ZO Phase 1: Daily Skincare Program?
ZO Phase 1: Daily Skincare Program is a 5-step skincare regimen that protects the skin from the natural ageing process. The manufacturer is ZO Skin Health Inc., which specialises in medical-grade skin health solutions. This daily use skincare program is very suitable for people between the ages of 17 to 25 to help combat premature ageing. The 5 products included in this program and their packaging information are:
- ZO Offects Exfoliating Cleanser: This cleanser and exfoliator combination comes in a 40mL/1.5 fl. oz squeeze tube. Its pH is approximately 6.0.
- ZO Offects Exfoliating Polish: This magnesium crystal-laden exfoliator comes in a 16.2g/ 0.57oz jar. It is anhydrous.
- ZO Offects TE-Pads Acne Pore Treatment: This blemish control treatment comes in 20 individually wrapped pads soaked in chemical exfoliants. Its pH is approximately 3.5.
- ZO Ossential Daily Power Defense: This is a skin repair solution that comes in a 30mL/1.0 fl. oz bottle with a pump dispenser. Its pH is approximately 6.8.
- ZO Oclipse Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30: This is a broad-spectrum sunscreen with dual action primer properties that comes in a 15mL/0.5 fl. oz. bottle equipped with a pump dispenser. It is anhydrous.
These skin treatment solutions should be stored at room temperature (15°C to 30°C/59°F to 89°F) away from direct sunlight, and should be kept out of the reach of children. These products are only intended for external use.
What are the ingredients?
There are a total of 5 different products in the Daily Skincare Program, and the ingredients of each product are as follows:
ZO Offects Exfoliating Cleanser Active Ingredients:
- Jojoba esters
- Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil
- Salicylic acid
- Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E)
- Spiraea ulmaria (meadowsweet) extract.
ZO Offects Exfoliating Polish Active Ingredients:
- Magnesium crystals
- Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E)
- Retinyl palmitate (vitamin A)
- Ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C)
ZO Offects TE-Pads Acne Pore Treatment Active Ingredients:
- 2% salicylic acid
- Glycolic acid
ZO Ossential Daily Power Defense Active Ingredients:
- Ultrasomes (UV-endonuclease) and roxisomes (glycosylase)
- Matrixyl 3000, which is made of palmitoyl oligopeptide and palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7
- Retinyl palmitate (vitamin A)
- Tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol (vitamin E)
- Ceramide 6
ZO Oclipse Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30 Active Ingredients:
- Titanium dioxide (8.2%)
- ZOX12 antioxidant complex containing tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), tocopherol (vitamin E), ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and retinyl palmitate (vitamin A)
What is it used for?
ZO Phase 1: Daily Skincare Program is a skin health kit that is rich in advanced skincare ingredients to help fight the early signs of ageing even before they appear. This regimen also helps to maintain optimal skin hydration for radiant and glowing skin.
How does it work?
Contrary to popular belief, anti-ageing treatments should not be used only after signs of age appear. In fact, these dermal solutions should be started at a younger age so as to delay ageing before it is too late. A good skincare routine ensures that skin health is shielded from internal and external factors that aggravate signs of ageing. ZO Phase 1: Daily Skincare Program is a comprehensive multi-step skin health kit designed for young patients to slow down ageing by polishing away dirt and impurities, preventing and treating breakouts, stimulating new skin cell proliferation, and reducing damage from the sun.
- ZO Offects Exfoliating Cleanser: Containing multiple foaming surfactants, this cleanser and exfoliator combination is able to remove dirt and excess sebum without the uncomfortable tight and dry feeling associated with other facial cleansers. Jojoba esters and salicylic acid exfoliate dead cells and deeply cleanse the pores. The exfoliators also stimulate new cell formation. In addition, this cleaner contains potent antioxidants like encapsulated vitamin E, tea tree leaf oil, and meadowsweet extract to calm and heal damaged skin.
- ZO Offects Exfoliating Polish: This physical exfoliator is rich in ultra-fine magnesium crystals to slough off dead skin cells instantly. Dead cells must be removed to prevent clogged up pores and dull skin. The circular motion used to massage this product into the skin also boosts blood circulation and cell renewal. Skin-protective agents like vitamins A, C, and E increase collagen production and replenish moisture for dewy skin.
- ZO Offects TE-Pads Acne Pore Treatment: This blemish control treatment consists of 2% salicylic acid, which is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as an effective acne-fighting agent. Salicylic acid is a type of beta hydroxy acid (BHA) used to unclog pores and treat blemishes. Glycolic acid – a type of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA)—has also been added to loosen and clear old, dead cells for a brighter-looking face. The pad itself acts as a manual exfoliant due to its texture.
- ZO Ossential Daily Power Defense: This skin repair solution is formulated with ultrasomes (UV endonuclease) and roxisomes (glycosylase). These two powerful enzymes accelerate the body’s natural DNA repair mechanisms. Matrixyl 3000 (palmitoyl oligopeptide and palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7) and retinol also work together to stimulate collagen production to improve skin texture and diminish wrinkles. Ceramide 6 strengthens the protective lipid barrier and together with antioxidant vitamin E, shields the skin from damages.
- ZO Oclipse Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30: This broad-spectrum sunscreen contains titanium dioxide (8.2%) to shield the skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. Fractionated melanin (bleached version of natural melanin pigments) protects the skin by absorbing harmful high energy visible (HEV) light. The combination of patented ZOX12 provides a 12-hour time-release antioxidant (encapsulated vitamins A, C, and E) action against free radical damage and detrimental infrared A (IR-A) rays. With the combination of glycerin, hydration is also supplied to the skin. This sunscreen leaves behind a silky matte finish that provides tint and blurs imperfections, making it a perfect primer for makeup application.
Using this skincare program regularly will ensure a youthful visage by fighting against and delaying the natural ageing process of the skin. Sun damage is also minimised while skin hydration is intensified. All in all, your patients can enjoy an even skin tone and softer skin texture.
How to use it?
The directions for use for each of the products are as following:
- ZO Offects Exfoliating Cleanser: Dampen hands, face and neck before use. Apply a small amount of ZO Offects Exfoliating Cleanser and rub it onto the skin for about 1 minute before washing away with lukewarm water. Use daily, every morning and evening. Since this product contains BHA, which may heighten sensitivity to the sun, patients must apply sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and prevent extended sun exposure while using this cleanser.
- ZO Offects Exfoliating Polish: On a cleansed and wet face, apply a small amount of ZO Offects Exfoliating Polish. Gently massage and exfoliate the skin in a circular motion and add more water if it is too dry. Rinse with water afterwards. Use this physical exfoliant twice weekly, morning or evening.
- ZO Offects TE-Pads Acne Pore Treatment: Gently wipe the soaked pad all over cleansed face and neck. Leave the solution on without rinsing afterwards. Advise patients to start with only one application daily, as skin dryness may occur. They can gradually increase the number of daily uses to twice if necessary. If they experience skin flaking or extreme dryness, patients can go back to using it once daily or using it on alternate days.
- ZO Ossential Daily Power Defense: On a properly cleansed and dried face and neck, patients should apply 2 to 3 pumps of this skin restoring cream. They can also massage this cream for better absorption and activity. Use daily in the morning.
- ZO Oclipse Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30: Apply this sunscreen daily on a cleansed face 15 minutes before sun exposure. Patients can also reapply as many times as needed after sweating, swimming sessions, or prolonged sun exposure. This can also be worn underneath makeup for a lasting performance.
Is this product safe?
ZO Phase 1: Daily Skincare Program can be used safely, as each product is formulated using superior skincare ingredients to ensure optimal skin health. However, patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding should refrain from using this range due to inadequate safety profile status. People who are allergic to any of the ingredients in this skincare range are also advised to avoid this skin treatment solution. In addition, ZO Oclipse Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30 should not be used on children below the age of 6 years old. Inform patients to quickly rinse their eyes with cool water should any of the products come into contact with the eyes.
What are the side effects?
Your patients may experience some common reactions after using ZO Phase 1: Daily Skincare Program.
Common side effects:
- Skin irritation
- Skin rash
- Amplified skin sensitivity to sun
Since some of the products may increase the skin’s sun sensitivity, patients must be advised to wear sunscreen and protective clothing. They must also avoid extended exposure to harsh sunlight. Inform your patients to stop using this skincare range and meet you or another physician immediately if skin irritations worsen or persist.
What is it made of?
ZO Phase 1: Daily Skincare Program consists of 5 skin solution products designed to slow down the signs of ageing for a younger and better complexion. The program components work synergistically to deliver powerful cleansing, deep exfoliating, effective blemish treatment, protective skin renewal, and defensive sunblock actions to the skin.