What is ZO Daily Skincare Program?
ZO Daily Skincare Program is a 4-step skincare regimen that protects the skin from the natural ageing process. The manufacturer is ZO Skin Health Inc., which specialises in medical-grade skin health solutions. This daily use skincare program is very suitable for people between the ages of 17 to 25 to help combat premature ageing. The 4 products included in this program and their packaging information are:
- Exfoliating Cleanser: This exfoliating cleanser comes in a 60mL/2.0 fl. oz tube.
- Exfoliating Polish: This magnesium crystal-laden exfoliate comes in a 16.2g/0.57 oz jar.
- Complexion Renewal Pads This blemish control treatment comes 30 pads.
- ZO Ossential Daily Power Defense: This is a skin repair solution that comes in a 30mL/1.0 fl. oz bottle with a pump dispenser. Its pH is approximately 6.8.
These skin solutions should be stored at room temperature (15°C to 30°C/59°F to 89°F) away from direct sunlight, and should be kept out of the reach of children. These products are only intended for external use.
What are the ingredients?
There are a total of 4 different products in the Daily Skincare Program, and the ingredients of each product are as follows:
Exfoliating Cleanser Active Ingredients:
- Jojoba esters
- Encapsulated vitamin E
Exfoliating Polish Active Ingredients:
- Magnesium crystals
- Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E)
- Retinyl palmitate (vitamin A)
- Ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C)
Clear Complexion Renewal Pads Active Ingredients:
- Glycolic acid
- Botanical extract blend
Daily Power Defense Active Ingredients:
- Ultrasomes (UV-endonuclease) and roxisomes (glycosylase)
- Matrixyl 3000, which is made of palmitoyl oligopeptide and palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7
- Vitamin E
- Ceramide 6
What is it used for?
ZO Daily Skincare Program is a skin health kit that is rich in advanced skincare ingredients to help fight the early signs of ageing before they appear. This regimen also helps to maintain optimal skin hydration for radiant and glowing skin.
How does it work?
Contrary to popular belief, anti-ageing treatments should not be used only after signs of age appear. In fact, these dermal solutions should be started at a younger age so as to delay ageing before it is too late. A good skincare routine ensures that skin health is shielded from internal and external factors that aggravate signs of ageing. ZO Daily Skincare Program is a comprehensive multi-step skin health kit designed for young patients to slow down ageing by polishing away dirt and impurities, preventing and treating breakouts, stimulating new skin cell proliferation, and reducing damage from the sun.
- ZO Exfoliating Cleanser: Containing multiple foaming surfactants, this cleanser and exfoliator combination is able to remove dirt and excess sebum without the uncomfortable tight and dry feeling associated with other facial cleansers. Jojoba esters exfoliate dead cells and deeply cleanse the pores. The exfoliators also stimulate new cell formation. In addition, this cleaner contains potent antioxidants like encapsulated vitamin E to calm and heal damaged skin.
- Exfoliating Polish: This exfoliator is rich in ultra-fine magnesium crystals to slough off dead skin cells instantly. Dead cells must be removed to prevent clogged up pores and dull skin. The circular motion used to massage this product into the skin also boosts blood circulation and cell renewal. Skin-protective agents like vitamins A, C, and E increase collagen production and replenish moisture for dewy skin.
- Complexion Renewal Pads: This treatment consists of glycolic acid, which acts as a potent exfoliant. Glycolic acid – a type of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA)—works byloosening and clearing old, dead cells for a brighter-looking face. The pad itself acts as a manual exfoliant due to its texture.
- Daily Power Defense: This skin repair solution is formulated with ultrasomes (UV endonuclease) and roxisomes (glycosylase). These two powerful enzymes accelerate the body’s natural DNA repair mechanisms. Matrixyl 3000 (palmitoyl oligopeptide and palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7) and retinol also work together to stimulate collagen production to improve skin texture and diminish wrinkles. Ceramide 6 strengthens the protective lipid barrier and together with antioxidant vitamin E, shields the skin from damages.
Using this skincare program regularly will ensure a youthful visage by fighting against and delaying the natural ageing process of the skin. Sun damage is also minimised while skin hydration is intensified. All in all, your patients can enjoy an even skin tone and softer skin texture.
How to use it?
The directions for use for each of the products are as following:
- Exfoliating Cleanser: Dampen hands, face and neck before use. Apply a small amount of the cleanser and rub it onto the skin for about 1 minute before washing off with lukewarm water. Use daily, every morning and evening.
- ZO Offects Exfoliating Polish: On a cleansed and wet face, apply a small amount of Exfoliating Polish. Gently massage and exfoliate the skin in a circular motion. Add more water if it is too dry. Rinse with water afterwards. Use this physical exfoliant twice weekly, morning or evening.
- Complexion Renewal Pads: Gently wipe the soaked pad all over cleansed face and neck. Leave the solution on without rinsing afterwards. Advise patients to start with only one application daily, as skin dryness may occur. They can gradually increase the number of daily uses to twice if necessary. If they experience skin flaking or extreme dryness, patients can go back to using it once daily or using it on alternate days.
- Daily Power Defense: On a properly cleansed and dried face and neck, patients should apply 2 to 3 pumps of this skin restoring cream. They can also massage this cream for better absorption and activity. Use daily in the morning.
Is this product safe?
ZO Daily Skincare Program can be used safely, as each product is formulated using superior skincare ingredients to ensure optimal skin health. However, patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding should refrain from using this range due to inadequate safety profile status. People who are allergic to any of the ingredients in this skincare range are also advised to avoid this skin treatment solution. Inform patients to quickly rinse their eyes with cool water should any of the products come into contact with the eyes.
What are the side effects?
Your patients may experience some common reactions after using ZO Daily Skincare Program.
Common side effects:
- Skin irritation
- Skin rash
- Amplified skin sensitivity to sun
Since some of the products may increase the skin’s sun sensitivity, patients must be advised to wear sunscreen and protective clothing. They must also avoid extended exposure to harsh sunlight. Inform your patients to stop using this skincare range and meet you or another physician immediately if skin irritation worsens or persists.
What is it made of?
ZO Daily Skincare Program consists of 4 skin solution products designed to slow down the signs of ageing for a younger and brighter complexion. The program components work synergistically to deliver powerful cleansing, deep exfoliating, effective blemish treatment, and protective skin renewal.