What is Belotero?
Belotero is a range of temporary, synthetic, and biodegradable hyaluronic acid-based injectable fillers that is designed and manufactured by Merz Pharmaceuticals. These fillers are made of biotechnologically-produced hyaluronic acid molecules that are extracted and purified extensively. The hyaluronic acid particles are then cross-linked using 2 unique manufacturing technologies: Cohesive Polydensified Matrix (CPM) and Dynamic Cross-Linking Technology (DCLT). The resulting soft tissue implants have the perfect mix of cohesivity, elasticity, and plasticity.
There are 5 variations of fillers in this Belotero range:
- Belotero Hydro: This filler is composed of 18mg/mL of cross-linked hyaluronic acid.
- Belotero Soft: This filler is composed of 20mg/mL of cross-linked hyaluronic acid.
- Belotero Balance: This filler is composed of 22.5mg/mL of cross-linked hyaluronic acid.
- Belotero Intense: This filler is composed of 25.5mg/mL of cross-linked hyaluronic acid.
- Belotero Volume: This filler is composed of 26mg/mL of cross-linked hyaluronic acid.
All of the fillers above with exception to Belotero Hydro are available with lidocaine for a more comfortable treatment session.
What are the indications for Belotero?
Belotero range is ideal for correcting a myriad of aesthetic imperfections as detailed below:
- Hydro: Due to its lowest concentration of hyaluronic acid among the other fillers in the range, it is perfect for rehydrating dry and dull areas such as the face, neck, decolletage, and the back of hands.
- Soft: This implant is ideal for correcting fine wrinkles such as crow’s feet and perioral lines.
- Balance: This aesthetic filler is indicated for the treatment of moderate wrinkles such as nasolabial folds and marionette lines. It is also perfect for reconstructing the lip contours.
- Intense: This hyaluronic acid injectable gel is effective for correcting deeper lines.
- Volume: Due to its highest strength of hyaluronic acid, this implant is indicated for the restoration of lost facial volume such as the cheeks and temples.
How long does Belotero injection last under eyes?
The homogenous and monophasic texture of the Belotero filler makes it suitable for correcting various premature ageing signs present in the tear trough area such as fine lines, darkness, puffiness, or hollowness. The texture of the filler gel allows it to easily and effectively correct aesthetic issues under the eyes with very minimal risks of adverse reactions. Following the treatment session, the desirable aesthetic results could last for approximately 9 months depending on the patient’s age, skin condition, health status, and lifestyle habits.