SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Aug 1, 2018
How are Belotero Balance vs Juvederm different?
While Belotero Balance and Juvederm are both hyaluronic acid-based fillers that can be used to increase volume in the face and lips, and diminish the appearance of wrinkles and folds, the formulations have distinct differences that produce differing results. Belotero is monophasic and double cross-linked, which gives it a lower viscosity than Juvederm. Belotero is produced using unique Cohesive Polydensified Matrix (CPM) technology, giving it differing cross-linking zones. This allows the gel to integrate very well within the subcutaneous layer and the dermis, so when it comes to Belotero Balance vs Juvederm, Belotero will likely produce a more natural looking result. Juvederm has fillers that are formulated for specific areas of the face, with each having a slightly different formulation to address specific concerns. For instance, Juvederm Volume is thicker than other Juvederm products, making it better for addressing volume loss, while Juvederm Ultra is highly cross-linked and is better for medium lines and wrinkles and lip contour enhancements. Juvederm products are made with either Hylacross or Vycross Technology, which join together either equal-sized molecules for flexibility or hyaluronic acid molecules of different sizes for stiffer gel and longer lasting results.
When to use Belotero Balance vs Juvederm
The decision to use Belotero Balance vs Juvederm will always vary depending on the patient’s needs and goals for treatment. Typically, due to its softer consistently and great integration, Belotero Balance is ideal for treating areas where the skin is thin and delicate. This includes fine lines around the mouth, or moderate to severe nasolabial folds. Though different Juvederm products have been introduced for different regions, Juvederm’s strengths are in providing volume in areas that appear hollow or sagging. Products like Juvederm Voluma or Juvederm Vollure are great for the facial contour and for adding volume in areas like the cheeks, the temples, and the chin.
Read more about Juvederm
- RADIESSE VS JUVEDERM FOR LIPS: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
- HOW LONG DOES JUVEDERM LAST?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BELOTERO BALANCE VS JUVEDERM?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RESTYLANE LYFT VS JUVEDERM VOLUMA?
- WHAT IS JUVEDERM DERMAL FILLER USED FOR?: TYPES & SIDE EFFECTS
- WHAT IS JUVEDERM ULTRA 4 USED FOR & WHAT ARE ITS SIDE EFFECTS?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SCULPTRA VS JUVEDERM VOLUMA?
- LANE OR JUVEDERM FILLER: WHICH IS BETTER FOR MARIONETTE LINES?
- WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BELOTERO DERMAL FILLER VS JUVEDERM?