SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Jan 31, 2023
Even people with an active lifestyle and a regular weight sometimes encounter the problem of excess fat in the arm area. A general question is how to remove excess fat from the arm area is raised by women who exercise and eat healthy food. After all, fat deposits can appear as a consequence of hormonal, age-related changes, and many other factors.
Regardless of the cause, flabby arms and excess fat on them are widespread complaints with dermatologists, and we’ll talk about solving it today.
Non-invasive Arm Fat Reduction
Previously, surgical liposuction was the only method of dealing with excess fat in the arm area. But thanks to advances in science and the beauty industry, medicine can offer a range of ways of fighting fat without surgery. Non-invasive methods such as cryolipolysis, radiofrequency laser therapy, HIFU, and many others will be used in 2023. All of the procedures we will discuss today are non-invasive, making them popular as safer and faster alternatives to liposuction.
Common Non-invasive Fat Removal Methods
Coolsculpting is a non-surgical arm fat removal treatment. It allows you to get rid of fat in problem areas: chin, buttocks, abdomen, thighs, knees, and arms in one procedure with the help of cold exposure. Moreover, the procedure requires no special preparation, is painless, and does not require a recovery period. The main advantage of this method is that the device affects only the fat layer without damaging the muscles, blood vessels, and other tissues. In addition, the fat leaves the affected area forever, which means the effect is permanent.
Indications for use:
- Localized fat deposits on the abdomen, sides, back, thighs, buttocks, and arms;
- Excess fat in the chin area;
- Corrections after liposuction surgery (smoothing out unevenness caused by adhesions)
Coolsculpting Fat Removal Procedure Information
During the procedure, a special applicator is placed on the correction area and held motionless with a vacuum. The doctor starts the machine and begins the controlled cooling treatment on the fat layer. The low temperature causes it to crystallize, making the fat cells lose viability over time and are eliminated from the body naturally.
- 20% (in some cases up to 40%) of the fat layer is eliminated in one procedure;
- The cumulative effect, which is already visible after one procedure;
- Does not require anesthesia or rehabilitation;
- Affects the unwanted fatty tissue only.
- cold intolerance;
- skin trauma and exacerbation of skin diseases;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- chronic diseases;
- cardiac pacemaker;
- acute infectious diseases (including flu, acute respiratory infections, herpes);
- intake of drugs: antibiotics, anticoagulants;
- oncological diseases;
- recent surgical operations.
SculpSure is aimed at the same effect as CoolSculpting but uses the opposite approach. Instead of freezing fat cells, heat is used to destroy fat cells. During sculpting, applicators are placed over the treatment area (in our case, hands), and the laser heats the fat cells to irreversible damage. Once damaged, the fat from the damaged cells is eliminated from the body within three months.
SculpSure is FDA-approved for fat removal in the back, hips, double chin, and arms. On average, the procedure takes about 25 minutes.
Benefits of SculpSure :
- Alternative to surgery.
- Proven effectiveness
- FDA approval
SculpSure Laser Lipolysis cannot be done on people with:
- immunodeficiency conditions, including HIV and AIDS;
- blood clotting disorders;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- hypersensitivity to light;
- disturbances in the integrity of the skin at the site of exposure;
- neurological disorders;
- diabetic neurasthenia;
- mental illness.
Treatment should be postponed if, in less than three weeks, the patient:
- Has undergone liposuction or lipofilling procedure;
- Has taken antiplatelet drugs, anticoagulants, high-dose aspirin, thrombolytics, anti-inflammatory drugs, photosensitizers, parenteral gold salts (sodium aurothiomalates);
- Sunbathed or tanned.
Liposonix is an advanced technology designed to enhance the body. For more than eight years, extensive research has been conducted in the United States on the effects of focused ultrasound on tissues and organs. The Liposonix procedure results from years of scientific development and clinical research. Sufficient scientific evidence has been accumulated on health safety during and after the procedure, with a very high estimation of the result for patients.
Liposonix is currently the only high-intensity focused ultrasound device that is FDA approved for the non-invasive removal of unwanted fat deposits.
In addition to destroying fat, Liposonix causes an additional effect by stimulating the process of skin lifting. By “mechanical” heating, the metabolic processes in the subcutaneous fatty tissue are boosted, and the synthesis of new collagen is stimulated.
Advantages Compared to Other Methods
Unlike all other ultrasound machines, Liposonix has unique advantages:
- Focused ultrasound destroys a strictly defined amount of subcutaneous fat. The results of Liposonix are predictable and last for many years.
- Liposonix only affects the layer of fat tissue at a depth of 1-2 cm. At greater depths, the ultrasound is defocused and does not affect internal organs.
- Destruction of fat tissue is due to heating, not due to cavitation: there are no unpredictable effects and no side effects on internal organs.
- The procedure can be performed on almost any body part, including arms.
- Suitable for all people, regardless of age, skin type, and other characteristics.
- inflammatory skin diseases,
- bacterial, fungal, and viral infections,
- pregnancy and lactation,
- hernias, scars, and connective tissue overgrowths,
- metal objects (e.g., pins, piercings),
- epilepsy and increased tendency to seizures,
- blood clotting disorders.
New non-invasive fat removal solutions
High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU)
HIFU is a safe, effective, and minimally invasive method of non-surgical skin lifting. HIFU treatment is one of the few methods that provide an intensive effect while leaving no visible residue on the skin’s surface. It is an excellent way to rejuvenate and improve your skin.
HIFU Treatment Process
HIFU technology uses a focused beam of high-intensity ultrasound waves. The ultrasonic wave is injected to a depth of 1.5 to 4 mm, depending on the area. The waves cause localized tissue overheating. As a result, intensive regeneration – production of new collagen fibers begins, increasing skin density and elasticity, filling wrinkles, and reducing scars and stretch marks.
RF lifting is an innovative, non-surgical method of facial rejuvenation by applying radio waves to the deep layers of the skin.
The procedure is performed using a unique device, providing a targeted impact on the dermis and gradually heating it. It changes the collagen fiber structure, stimulates the formation of new collagen fibers, improves skin blood supply, and enhances metabolic processes.
After a course of RF-lifting procedures, skin tone and texture are smoothed, skin tonus and elasticity are improved, and most importantly – a pronounced lifting effect is visible.
RF lifting is used:
- to eliminate skin sagging;
- to correct the facial oval;
- to maintain skin elasticity;
- to correct fine lines and wrinkles;
- in the process of arm skin rejuvenation;
RF lifting is safe and works well for both men and women.
The main advantage is that the skin is not stretched and damaged as in surgical operations. Skin defects are eliminated due to collagen production stimulation. Because of this, during the year, the effect of the procedure only increases and lasts for a long time.
In addition, the procedure has no age restrictions.
The main advantages of RF-lifting include the following:
- high efficiency for patients of different ages;
- prolonged result;
- pinpoint effect on the targeted area;
- no scars and other marks following the procedure;
- easy preparation and rehabilitation;
- compatibility with other cosmetic procedures.
- scratches, wounds, and other skin injuries;
- recent beauty injections;
- diabetes mellitus;
- connective tissue diseases;
- severe cardiovascular diseases;
- pacemaker, endoprostheses;
- severe hypertension;
- malignant neoplasms;
- severe kidney disease;
- acute colds, infectious diseases;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases.
Laser lipolysis is a procedure for removing excess fat using a laser. The method uses low-intensity therapeutic laser radiation, which is absorbed by adipocytes (fat cells) and their further breakdown and excretion from the body. In cosmetology, this entire process is called laser lipolysis, and its apparent advantages are immediate effect, painlessness, and a short rehabilitation period.
The treatment is performed by imposing and fixing a special overlay, equipped with laser diodes, on the problem area. The latter emits light of the cold spectrum with a wavelength of 650 nm. That is why it is also called “cold laser lipolysis”.
The patient experiences no cold or other unpleasant sensations during lipolysis, and it is completely safe.
Thus, the advantages are:
- minimal disruption of internal body processes;
- absence of any marks or damage after manipulation;
- procedure efficiency – in one session, one can reduce the fat layer by 3 cm.
- No complications and no rehabilitation period.
Important: Within an hour after the session, the patient should do cardio for 30-40 minutes (running, speed walking, swimming pool, cycling).
- Diseases of the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Acute infectious diseases;
- Acute or chronic skin conditions;
- Diseases of the blood, circulatory and cardiovascular systems;
- Autoimmune disorders of connective tissue (rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, dermatomyositis, scleroderma);
The method of cold laser lipolysis is the best way of conservative elimination and correction of the figure, even in inaccessible areas of the body.
Comparison of Effectiveness and Safety of New Methods to Common Methods
|Names and comparison||CoolSculpting||Sculpsure||Liposonix (HIFU)||Radiofrequency (RF)||Laser Lipolysis|
|Permanent Fat Removal||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Fat Reduction||4 / 5||5 / 5||3 / 5||2 / 5||5 / 5|
|Sculpting||1 / 5||5 / 5||1 / 5||1 / 5||5 / 5|
|Recovery||None||2-4 days||None||None||2-4 days|
|Bruising||None||None to Mild||None to Mild||None||None to Mild|
As we can see from the table, comparing classic arm fat removal (non-surgical) methods to the most innovative ones, more common fat removal, such as CoolSculpting and Sculpsure, offer more substantial and permanent fat reduction. In contrast, new techniques aim to provide the most comfortable and almost instant effect. So it is hard to tell which is better: the doctor should recommend the most suitable fat-removing technique considering your body features and requests.
Candidate selection and expected results
Who are the best candidates for non-invasive fat removal on arms?
Non-invasive arm fat reduction methods are more suitable for patients with little excess fat and aim for results. The effects of these treatments can last at least several years if you can maintain your weight at the same level.
Recovery time and expected results
The recovery time depends on the chosen procedure and ranges from 2-4 days (Sculpsure, Laser Lipo) to zero (others). Treatment duration varies and can be either permanent or temporary (RF, Laser Lipolysis). But even a temporary effect can last more than a year if the patient takes care of his or her health and follows the doctor’s recommendations.
Do fat-dissolving injections work on arms?
Which non-invasive lipo works best?
It is hard to tell which is better: the doctor should recommend the most suitable fat-removing technique considering your body features and requests.
What is the newest form of liposuction?
High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU), Radiofrequency, and Laser Lipolysis are considered the most innovative liposuction methods.
Is there a safer alternative to liposuction?
Yes, all the methods mentioned in the text are relatively safe and non-invasive and do not have the side effects of traditional surgical liposuction.
With such a comprehensive list of procedures, the question arises: how to choose the most effective and safe liposuction method?
All of the listed technologies are safe. As side effects, we can point out the soreness after cold, heat, or radio-wave methods. But these effects are easily handled and quickly subside, and the cost of non-invasive liposuction is not higher than invasive.
Despite the difference in the technological process, all methods effectively cope with the task – eliminating excessive fat layer on arms.