Order Hymovis Orthopaedic Injections Today
What is Hymovis?
Hymovis is a brand of hyaluronic acid orthopaedic injectables used to treat osteoarthritis of the knee. Patients with this condition are afflicted with chronic and debilitating knee pain and swelling, which progresses, potentially leading to loss of mobility. Hymovis manges the symptoms of knee osteoarthritis through viscosupplementation, in which the product helps to cushion and lubricate the diseased joint to protect against future joint damage. It is manufactured by Fidia, an Italian pharmaceutical company specialized in providing innovations in the realms of wound care, dermo-aesthetics, neurology, ophthalmology, joint health and dermatology. Its efficacy and safety are attested to by its Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval that was granted in 2015.
- Hymovis: Hymovis comprises 8 mg/ml of hyaluronan dissolved in physiologic saline. This product is used in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee who have not responded enough to non-pharmacologic therapy and other first-line treatments to manage symptoms of pain and swelling.
How much do these products cost?
How long do the results of these orthopaedic injections last?
Hymovis: Up to six months
What are the benefits of Hymovis products?
- Hymovis has the optimal biomechanical properties necessary for effective pain relief: The hyaluronan in Hymovis is manufactured using a proprietary manufacturing process that does not involve chemical cross-linking to increase its viscosity and elasticity, allowing it to simulate the rheological state associated with a healthy knee joint. This enhances its clinical effects, such as joint residence time and pain reduction.
- Treatment has a reduced likelihood of producing allergic reactions: Hymovis is derived from non-animal origins and therefore does not contain any animal proteins. This makes the product hypoallergenic and increases the product’s safety profile compared to other hyaluronic acid products which are derived from avian sources.
Common Side Effects:
- arthralgia (knee pain)
- injection site pain
- injection site edema
The common side effects associated with Hymovis treatment are mild in nature and do not require medical attention. Most of these effects will go away on their own soon after the injection.
Rare Side Effects:
- injection site erythema
- joint disorder
- injection site reaction
- localized osteoarthritis
- joint swelling, effusion or stiffness
- pain in limb
- Baker’s Cyst
- aggravated osteoarthritis
- immune response
- muscle cramps
- peripheral edema
The side effects listed above may not be all the side effects associated with Hymovis’s products. Refer to a Hymovis product’s package insert for a complete list of side effects.