What are anti-ageing products?
Anti-ageing products refer to products or procedures that are used to delay signs of ageing. Some anti-ageing agents or methods might be potent enough to significantly reduce prominent signs of ageing skin.
Why is anti-ageing important?
Though anti-ageing is synonymous with cosmetology and aesthetic medicine, it serves a purpose for overall health status. Incorporating anti-ageing strategies into a daily care routine can encourage a more youthful appearance and greater self-confidence. Anti-ageing helps to improve quality of life even in advanced years. Most importantly, feeling more confident can lead to a more positive outlook in life.
What are some of the best anti-ageing facial treatments?
While physiological ageing is unavoidable, other aspects that contribute to ageing can still be controlled to improve skin health and performance.
Some sure-fire anti-ageing approaches are:
- Healthy Lifestyle: The first step to combat ageing is undoubtedly through healthy and balanced diet. Besides that, any unhealthy lifestyle habits like smoking and an excessive exposure to sunlight without proper protection should be reduced.
- Good Skincare Regimen: Healthy skin is most definitely a byproduct of compliance to meticulous skincare routine. Appropriate skincare regimen effectively removes dead cells and impurities to make way for new cell synthesis. Besides that, any skin conditions (e.g. acne, scars, dryness, etc.) can be well-regulated with a meticulous routine. It also prevents premature ageing from occurring. Advise your patients to not skip on sun protection products.
- Facial Treatments: Sometimes, a healthy lifestyle and good skincare routine may not be enough to maintain aesthetically pleasing appearance. In times like this, a little extra help may be needed! Some popular treatments include:
- Chemical Peels: This procedure is no-brainer, really. It simply involves using skin-friendly chemical solution (e.g. Filorga® Light Peel Sensitive Skin) to gently loosen and remove dead cells resulting in polished appearance.
- Microdermabrasion: This treatment uses minimally abrasive instruments to lightly polish away old and keratinized cells. If your patients are too busy to book a dermabrasion session, they can use exfoliators made with ultra-fine crystals instead (e.g. Zo Offects® Exfoliating Polish).
- Mesotherapy: This minimally-invasive procedure involves injecting problematic areas with skin-loving components such as multivitamins, plant extracts, and amino acid complex (e.g. Pluryal® Meso I). These ingredients will then stimulate quicker repair or enhanced production of newer skin cells for an improved complexion.
- Puppet Lift: This aesthetic procedure involves inserting tissue-friendly thread (e.g. Silhouette Soft® 8 Cones) along the facial areas where sagging occurs the most. Inelastic and saggy skin is lifted for firmer and tighter skin.
- Dermal Fillers: Thanks to modern scientific advancement, there is a large variety of injectable aesthetic implants to choose from. From temporary hyaluronic acid-based fillers (e.g. Belotero® Balance) to permanent polymethylmethacrylate implants, there’s an option for every patient. Injecting fillers results in smoothing and lifting effects on wrinkles.
- Botulinum Toxin: Despite its notorious toxicity, botulinum toxin (e.g. Botox®) produced by Clostridium botulinum bacteria can still serve a purpose. It renders injected muscles immovable, making it a popular choice to combat dynamic wrinkles.