SHARE THIS ARTICLE
5 Most Trusted Botulinum Toxins In 2023
Feb 5, 2023
This product is for professional use only and is only sold to aesthetists, plastic surgeons, and special aesthetic clinics. Independent unprofessional use of the product may harm your health.
Fighting deep and superficial wrinkles takes a lot of time, strength, and energy for most women and some men.
One of the most effective methods to immediately get rid of existing wrinkles and prevent the appearance of new ones for some time is botulinum therapy. This is a type of injectable cosmetic procedure that involves injecting botulinum toxin.
Botulinum Toxin and its use in cosmetic and medical treatments
Botulinum toxin is a substance that suppresses nerve conduction in the small facial muscles, relaxing them and relieving their overtension.
It can be injected into any part of the face, but most often, the procedure is carried out in the area between the eyebrows, the outer corners of the eyes, the nasolabial folds, and the forehead.
Botulinum therapy is used for wrinkles of various degrees. In most cases, the application of this technique is necessary after the age of 30-35, but in case of hyperspasm of muscles, excessive activity of muscles, or too lively facial expressions, the procedure may be needed even earlier.
Botulinum toxin has a temporary effect, so it is recommended to carry out the procedure once every 4-6 months. With each subsequent session, the treatment is needed less and less, and the effect lasts longer and longer.
Since it can be injected not only into the face but also into other areas of the body, indications for botulinum therapy include such problems as ptosis and asymmetry of various small areas of the body and face.
For people afraid of injections, there is also a topical “Botox” cream, but it is unlikely to be a substitute for botulinum toxin injections.
5 Most Trusted Botulinum Toxins In 2023
Botox is a product of the American company Allergan developed in 1989. “Botox” became a nickname for the medicine based on the botulinum toxin. When talking about the new botox products, people always understand that they are talking about injections that eliminate mimic wrinkles on the face.
The main advantages of Botox are:
- Unconditional quality, tested by time and proven by tests;
- A strong result, regardless of the disposition and expression of facial imperfections;
- The intense concentration of the main component allows using a minimal amount to eliminate wrinkles;
- Botox penetrates locally and acts only in the separative zone of introduction, not affecting the adjacent tissues. Therefore, it is easy to apply it pointwise without fear of disrupting the work of the neighboring muscle tissue.
You can buy Botox products directly on our website.
Xeomin is a rejuvenating agent manufactured in Germany by Merz Pharmaceuticals since 2008. Due to its effectiveness, it is widely used all over the world.
Among the advantages of Xeomin is its unique purity, which is achieved by special purification during production. It excludes the presence of protein compounds in its composition. As a result, the product ensures the absence of adverse reactions – including severe allergies and gives good sensitivity when working with tissues.
The conditions for storing this injectable are less demanding than in the case of other botulinum toxins.
Also, the advantages of Xeomin include the following:
- Local action, without affecting neighboring tissues. Only the necessary muscle is blocked when the component is injected, which does not affect facial expressions.
- The effect of rejuvenation occurs quickly – on the second or third day. That excludes a long rehabilitation period.
- It is allowed to combine Xeomin as part of combined procedures – for example, mesotherapy. The components do not react with each other and do not reduce the effect but improve the visual result.
Dysport is a Botox competitor from the French manufacturer Ipsen Pharma. It is appreciated by cosmetologists and their clients for its affordable price and high efficiency.
Dysport is used for people who have primary or secondary insensitivity to Botox. Thanks to its particular composition, Dysport works in the tissues and eliminates mimic wrinkles where Botox is powerless.
The main advantage of Dysport is the speed of the effect. Practical observations show that the product starts working faster than the previous competitor. Two or three days after the procedure, the skin becomes smoother and tighter, and wrinkles are significantly reduced.
Dysport spreads not only to the injection zone but also to the area of adjacent muscle tissue. Therefore, if you use it on sensitive areas (like eyelids), some ptosis of the muscles may be observed. But when working on other areas, the effect is more vivid, without sagging, and has maximum naturalness than Botox injections.
We are the official supplier of this product, so you can buy Dysport online on our website.
Innotox is an innovative premium botulinum toxin type A product from the South Korean company Medytox Inc. Unlike most neurotoxins, it has a liquid form and an improved formula.
Most often, Innotox is used to eliminate cosmetic problems, such as:
- hemifacial spasm,
- spastic torticollis,
- facial wrinkles,
- increased sweating of palms/armpits,
- interbrow furrow,
- nasolabial folds,
- wrinkles around the mouth.
Advantages of Innotox:
- It is available in liquid form, ready for use, and does not require dilution;
- The safety and effectiveness of the product have been proven by years of clinical studies;
- Expected impact and predicted result;
- Improvement of the packaging and production process supports the high quality of the product;
- Lowest diffusion among all currently known neurotoxins;
- Not sensitive to temperature changes;
- Does not contain proteins, albumin, or gelatin, compared to other similar injectables;
- The effect lasts up to 8 months;
- Low price.
Our company is an authorized Innotox online wholesaler, so you can safely buy this product here.
Botulax is a muscle relaxant, a Botox alternative product manufactured by Hugel Inc (South Korea), and is highly effective. The medicine acts on muscle fibers, along which impulses are not transmitted, so the muscles do not contract, and existing wrinkles are smoothed out.
In addition to the cosmetic field, Botulax can be used to treat benign essential eyelid spasms in adult patients, as well as to treat hyperhidrosis.
Botulax has several significant advantages:
- Pleasant price;
- The effect is noticeable after 3-4 days;
- It lasts at least 3-6 months;
- It acts locally, only at the injection site, leaving the rest of the facial expression natural;
- Product quality is carefully checked;
- Excellent tolerability of the medicine by patients.
Botulax has proven itself well in many countries and has been confirmed in clinical studies. It does not cause addiction, but at the same time, it gives a certain accumulative effect.
Comparison Of The Products
The most important similarity of any new “Botox” product based on botulinum toxin is their effect. Each blocks facial wrinkles, thus effectively eliminating them. It is equally effective against imperfections on the face, décolletage, and neck and smoothes out wrinkles of varying complexity, location, and severity.
This is where the similarities end. And the differences between Botox and its analogs begin. They are different in the following:
- Composition and content of active components;
- The intensity of penetration into the subcutaneous layer;
- The concentration of botulinum toxin;
- Duration and severity of the obtained result.
Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport are FDA approved. Innotox awaits approval soon.
Botulax is not FDA-approved.
The Usage Of Neurotoxins
New Indications For Botulinum Toxin Treatment
Botulinum toxin is used not only for cosmetic treatment but also for therapeutic purposes, such as:
- Chronic migraine;
- Cervical dystonia;
- Detrusor hyperactivity;
- Involuntary movement disorders;
- Disorders of muscle tone, including spasticity associated with cerebral palsy, brain trauma, strokes, and multiple sclerosis;
- Overactive bladder.
Administration Of The Products
The procedure does not require preparation. First, the skin needs to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Microinjections are made with a sterile needle in particular areas of the body or face. The amount of medicine, dose, and place of administration is chosen individually.
The doctor must provide instructions on care after the treatment:
- Bend with the head down to make active;
- Long movements of the head, which increase blood circulation in the face;
- Sleep on the stomach;
- Drink alcohol;
- Visit baths or saunas for 7-10 days after the procedure;
- The patient needs to avoid taking antibiotics for a month.
Safety And Contraindications
Contraindications Associated With Botulinum Toxin Products
There are the following contraindications for these injectables:
- Lactation period;
- Oncological diseases;
- Individual intolerance to the components of the medicine;
- Neuromuscular pathologies;
- Local inflammation in the area of the planned injection;
- Taking antibiotics or anticoagulants;
- Hernias of the upper and lower eyelids.
Adverse Events Related To Botulinum Toxin Products
In general, botulinum toxin injections are tolerated by both men and women quite easily and do not cause serious complications. However, there are cases of the following side effects:
- Drooping of the eyelid or eyebrows;
- Discomfort, redness, or pain at the injection area;
- Vision impairment;
- Muscle numbness;
- Allergic reactions to medicine.
What Botulinum Toxin lasts the longest?
The effect of Innotox lasts up to 8 months, in contrast to other botulinum toxins, in which the effect lasts up to 4-6 months.
Is Xeomin Stronger Than Botox?
The choice of the product is decided personally, for example:
- For faster results, cosmetologists recommend Xeomin.
- Correction of wrinkles in the eyelid area is best performed using Botox.
- The first botulinum treatment is best administrated by Xeomin.
But in any case, it is wiser to conduct a thorough analysis of the patient’s factors and physiological features before choosing between Xeomin or Botox.
Is Dysport Better Than Botox?
The main difference between Botox and Dysport is the use of different transport proteins that deliver botulinum toxin to the muscle and that in those injectables, botulinum toxin has different units of measurement. Botox is almost 3 times more expensive per unit, but fewer units are needed. Therefore, the total cost of Dysport and Botox to achieve the same result is practically the same.
It is worth noting that the drug’s effectiveness depends on each person’s individual characteristics. For example, there are people more sensitive to the neurotoxin called Botox, and there are people more susceptible to the neurotoxin called Dysport. According to statistical data, after injections with Dysport, a longer, lasting effect is observed in the majority of patients.
Is There A Permanent Version Of Neurotoxins?
Unfortunately, the effect of botulinum treatment is not permanent. Anti-wrinkle injections will reduce static lines through muscle relaxation, but they do not eradicate wrinkles altogether. Repeated treatment will certainly help soften your lines, but not permanently.
There is no clear superior botulinum toxin product among the 5 most trusted brands. All injectables act identically but differ in cost, concentration, and duration of action. Observing all precautions minimizes the risk of complications after injections of any of the botulinum toxin products. It is best to decide which neurotoxin fits your patient’s situation to protect yourself from unpleasant surprises.
Henryk Witmanowski, Katarzyna Błochowiak. The whole truth about botulinum toxin – a review. Postepy Dermatol Alergol. 2020 Dec; 37(6): 853–861. Published online 2019 Feb 5. doi: 10.5114/ada.2019.82795
Field M, Splevins A, Picaut P, et al. AbobotulinumtoxinA (Dysport®), OnabotulinumtoxinA (Botox®), and IncobotulinumtoxinA (Xeomin®) neurotoxin content and potential implications for duration of response in patients.
Shetty MK. Guidelines on the use of botulinum toxin type A. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2008;74(Suppl):S13–22.
Small R. Botulinum toxin injection for facial wrinkles. Am Fam Physician. 2014;90:168–75.
Kang SM, Feneran A, Kim JK, et al. Exaggeration of wrinkles after botulinum toxin injection for forehead horizontal lines. Ann Dermatol. 2011;23:217–21.
Dressler D. Five-year experience with incobotulinumtoxin A (Xeomin(®)): the first botulinum toxin drug free of complexing proteins. Eur J Neurol. 2012;19:385–9.