SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Aug 2, 2018
What is the difference between Radiesse and Juvederm?
Radiesse and Juvederm are both injectable dermal fillers that offer volume correction in the face and hands without surgery. The biggest difference between Radiesse and Juvederm is what the gels are made of. Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid-based gel and is designed to instantly add fullness to the cheeks, correct the appearance of marionette lines, smooth vertical lip lines, and augment the lips. Radiesse is made of calcium hydroxylapatite and uses microspheres to add volume to correct wrinkles and folds in the face and hands, including cheeks, around the mouth, and lip lines. Upon injection, calcium hydroxylapatite is able to help stimulate the production of collagen, so while some improvements can be seen immediately upon injection, optimal results will be visible after a couple of months. The effects of Juvederm typically last for around one year, while results with Radiesse can be seen for up to 18 months.
Which is better, Radiesse vs Juvederm, for lips?
When it comes to comparing Radiesse vs Juvederm for lips, many doctors recommend Juvederm over Radiesse. As Radiesse is designed for deep tissue injections in the face, there are some risks when injected into more superficial areas like the lips. Due to the thicker consistency gel, Radiesse may cause visible and uncomfortable nodules to form in the lips, risking that patients would be able to feel and sometimes see lumps in the lips. Juvederm’s hyaluronic acid-based formula makes the gel much thinner and softer, making it much safer to use to augment the lips. It safely provides a smoother, softer, more natural-looking result in the lips, with little to no risk of lumps. When deciding on Radiesse vs Juvederm for lips, it is recommended to choose Juvederm for a safer, more attractive result.
Read more about Juvederm
- RADIESSE VS JUVEDERM FOR LIPS: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
- HOW LONG DOES JUVEDERM LAST?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BELOTERO BALANCE VS JUVEDERM?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RESTYLANE LYFT VS JUVEDERM VOLUMA?
- WHAT IS JUVEDERM DERMAL FILLER USED FOR?: TYPES & SIDE EFFECTS
- WHAT IS JUVEDERM ULTRA 4 USED FOR & WHAT ARE ITS SIDE EFFECTS?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SCULPTRA VS JUVEDERM VOLUMA?
- LANE OR JUVEDERM FILLER: WHICH IS BETTER FOR MARIONETTE LINES?
- WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BELOTERO DERMAL FILLER VS JUVEDERM?